Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Budget and Semi-Fasting Night

While I make a concerted effort to fast - that is, go meet free or pro-fish - on Fridays, I think of Wednesdays as a secondary fast. It conveniently works out well budget-wise, too. Since I do shopping on Thursdays, I've usually run out of fresh meat by Wednesday. We often have spaghetti or another meat-free meal. While I'd prefer a bit more nutritious supper, budgeting does not allow for my dreams as of yet. I don't quite mind, and I do enjoy happy children. They'd be pleased with every night of spaghetti or pizza. I know that there are nutritious, delicious meals that are meat-free and budget friendly; however, my guys won't eat those. There's never a shortage of challenges for the homemaker in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment