Thursday, April 18, 2013

In Pursuit of Gluten Free Flat Bread

I've made two attempts at gluten free flat bread this week.  While the sorghum millet amaranth flour blend was okay, the amaranth was too strong of a flavor for the flat bread.  I may try another without the amaranth and make it thinner.  I won't post that recipe, since I see it as a bit of a fail.  I also tried a flat bread with half flax meal and half millet flour.  The flavor was nice, and the thickness was good, but it wasn't flexible enough.  I want to keep trying and experimenting.  I'm not looking for excessive flour blends, heavy starch or gums and tricks and twists.  I want a basic, simple food that's clearly not a cracker or a pizza crust.  A tortilla or naan or traditional flat bread without gluten, and perhaps without grain would be ideal.  I'm going to see how close I can get to that.  So far, I think it'll be high in flax seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment