Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Revelatory Moment With Flax Flat Bread

Today I tried a flat bread recipe from a recipe book.  I won't make it my "own".  Something was not quite right about the flavor.  I don't think I want a flat bread that is all flax and grain free.  I did figure out what I had been missing with my flat bread attempts previously: not enough egg.  A high egg ratio made for a pliable flat bread.  However, we have an egg allergy in the house, so I don't know how that fits our criteria.  An egg baked into something is generally okay.  An omelette is not.  This bread is much closer to an omelette than a flat bread.  I'll have to consider whether that is something we want to risk.  We may see some allergic response, and that would answer the question rather easily.  I think I may be close though.  With a bit of tweaking, I could have my end result soon.

I won't post the recipe since it's not my development.  It's widely available, in published form.

No comments:

Post a Comment