Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alas...

So, I should have double checked with the pantry before planning a home made version of Hamburger Helper. We don't have the ingredients! I'll have to try again after my shopping tomorrow. We had the beef on Monday, and the Vintner prefers the Tuna Helper tonight. It's neither old-fashioned nor home made, but it's his preference. He's come so far in the expansion of his palate, that I have to pause now and again. Old-fashioned eating is still a shock to him.

All this home made bread, real butter, whole milk and - gasp - home made condiments are still foreign to his taste buds. He certainly likes it, but it takes time to adjust to the absence of MSG, artificial colors and preservatives. Let's not even discuss those green things that I try to offer. That's chlorophyll in that food!

No comments:

Post a Comment