Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Green Onion and Fermented Ginger

Last week's prawn cake variation was fresh green onion and lacto-fermented ginger added to the batter. Yum. Also, I'm frying in a blend of coconut oil and bacon grease. It's a thumbs up from the Vintner. I even got to taste some this time. Good stuff from our kitchen these days - I'm making the prawn cakes weekly, now.

As one might see over at the Cottage, I'm beginning to follow a liturgical calendar. I've been progressing towards this in a culinary fashion for some time, about five years. As it follows, I'm doing this less hesitatingly now that my faith is lining up in this way. Therefore, look for more fish and shellfish recipes on Fridays, and all the time during Advent and Lent, here at the Cottage's Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment