Thursday, June 4, 2009

Prawn Cakes

Today's recipe is a return to a favorite at the Cottage. For years, we only ever at shrimp in the form of fried prawn cakes. Then, our food processor needed a new blade, and it was too much work to do by hand (with small children underfoot.) It's still fiddly with the peeling and deveining, but I don't mind the quick pulse and then deep frying.

Again, it's another Nigella Lawson recipe from her "How To Eat". It's so simple. It's like crab cakes, but with shrimp instead of crab. That's it. I won't post her seasonings, and I experiment with them so often. It may return to a weekly treat for us. I'm not even sure if I'm going to follow the recipe today, or go out on my own flavoring twist. If it does become our weekly treat again, then I might make the flavor variations a weekly feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment